Monday, January 21, 2013

What I Am Learning

I love to talk, teach, and write. I have been teaching computer skills for more than 30 years. In addition, I have been teaching the Eastern practices of Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong and Meditation for more than 20 years. Both have brought me tremendous satisfaction over those years.


This blog is devoted to those Eastern practices. The joys that they have brought me, as well as the feelings of health, strength, and calm,  have inspired me to share them with others. Working with people of all ages and in many different environments is both an honor and privilege.

From 8 to 80 and beyond, we can all flourish when we engage in these modalities on a regular basis.

At first, I viewed Yoga and Tai Chi as merely physical practices. Between the two, Yoga was easier. However, as a Type-A personality, I had little patience for the slow movements that Tai Chi demanded. Persistence won over that impatience, and I continued to practice until Tai Chi became a major foundation for my actions and behavior, as well as thoughts and feelings, each day.

I have learned so much from my personal practice, but much more from working with others. I have educated myself in health, especially as it pertains to the Eastern traditions, eating proper foods, and encouraging and nurturing a healthy approach to life.

I wish you health and joyfulness through the connection of breath and body in order to bring balance into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment